My boyfriend made this for me today, and brought it to me as I wallowed in a particularly bad hangover in bed.Made up of stuff we had left over in the fridge, this frittata was quick & healthy, and can be eaten cold too, so would work nicely for a packed lunch. Of course, this is also a great recipe for Meat-free Mondays.
- 250g Button Mushrooms
- 8 Spears of Asparagus
- 1 Courgette
- 4 Medium Free Range / Organic Eggs
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil for the pan
- Handful of Grated Parmesan to Serve
- Crush the garlic and add to the olive oil in the pan. Fry the mushrooms, slices of courgette, and chopped up asparagus until soft to bite.
- Meanwhile, beat 4 eggs in a bowl and season.
- Pour the eggs over the vegetables in the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a grill on LOW and cook for 10 more minutes until the frittata is cooked and you can slice into four.
- Serve with brown toast, and a few shavings or sprinklings of grated Parmesan (we didn’t have any in the house, but I would definitely do this next time).
Serves 4 with toast or two if you eat half each. Enjoy!