The Saag Pie-Neer is available nationwide and is made with chunks of Paneer cheese cooked with garden peas, spinach, potato, chilli and mango, and served with a tangy lime pickle – perfect for curry lovers!
Adding the Saag Pie-Neer to their range is part of a partnership with Meat Free Monday which has been rolled out in all Pieminister restaurants and cafés nationwide.Every Monday, the full menu will still be available, but all vegetarian pies are sold at 50p off the normal price as a gentle encouragement for customers to #TryAVegPie.
Pieminister’s vegetarian pie & pot selection – in addition to the Saag Pie-Neer – already includes:
- Heidi: a Classic pie made with Somerset Goats’ cheese, sweet potato, spinach and red onion
- Wild Shroom: a Classic pie made with wild mushroom, asparagus, cream and white wine (my favourite)!
- Mighty Aphrodite: An Open Top pie made with aubergine, green lentils and red pepper with a béchamel sauce top
- Green Goddess: An Open Top pie made with spinach, feta, butternut squash and chick pea with a béchamel sauce top
- Meany Bean: a vegan hot pot made with mixed beans, butternut squash and red chilli with a potato top.
As well their range of Vegetarian Society Approved pies, die-hard meat-eaters can still order with confidence – Pie Minister holds three Compassion in World Farming Awards for their commitment to high animal welfare as part of their sourcing policy.
Add to all of this the fact they make a mean Bloody Mary, and you can see why I like them so much!