My name is Jane and I am food blogger based in Cardiff. From simple recipes to restaurant recommendations and foodie travel guides, my aim is to highlight sustainable, seasonal and thoughtfully chosen produce – and the places to find it. In a nutshell, I try to create content which explores the relationship between planet and plate.
Awards, Events & Press Coverage
The blog has appeared in the press lots of times over the years, you can find out more here: HungryCityHippy in the media.
- In 2021 I was featured in WWF Cymru’s ‘Solution Seekers’ series on social media.
- In 2020, I delivered a masterclass on food blogging at Abergavenny Food Festival (the UK’s biggest food festival).
- In 2018, I was included in Blogosphere Magazine as one of the food editor’s favourite bloggers. That year I was also shortlisted by the WWF for an ‘Earth Hour Hero’ award, for my efforts to raise awareness about green issues via the blog (see here). I ended up coming second place in my category, which was a real honour.
- In April 2017 I was shortlisted for ‘Best Green & Eco Blog’ at the UK Blog Awards. I didn’t take home an award but I did get to party like it was 1999.
- Waaaay back in 2014, I picked up two Wales Blog Awards for Best New Blog and Best Food Blog. It feels like a lifetime ago, now!
- Though it has certainly changed and evolved quite a bit over the years, you can read a bit more about who I was in 2014 and why I started writing this blog in this interview with The Guardian. I can’t believe this was almost 10 years ago.
Who Am I?
By day, I work as an independent PR consultant. I mainly work with third sector organisations, independent food and drink brands, festivals and restaurants. It’s a portfolio of clients I have built out of a genuine passion for sustainability & the environment, hospitality, food & drink.
For more information about my day job, please visit www.janechicomendes.co.uk.