I am regularly contacted by the media in Wales to provide insight / expert comment on a variety of topics, including blogging, food and drink trends, and Cardiff’s changing bar and restaurant scene.
Most recently, I joined Carol Vorderman on BBC Radio Wales to talk about eating out, and Connie Fisher to talk about food blogging and food trends in Cardiff. I have been invited onto Jason Mohammad’s breakfast show to discuss whether different types of alcohol make people feel different emotions, and also to talk about food critic Jay Rayner’s comments about Cardiff food culture.
Recent online articles include:
- Wales Online – ‘Wales’ top food bloggers tell us their fave places to eat out’
- The Guardian – Consulted and quoted in their ‘Alternative Cardiff’ travel guide
- Buzzfeed – ’21 secrets food bloggers will never tell you’
- Wales Online – ‘This may look like an ice-cream cone but it’s actually cheese!’
- Wales Online – ‘The 11 tastiest Welsh food bloggers you need to know’
- Wales Online – ’10 great Welsh blogs you should be reading’
- Wriggle Cardiff – ’10 Cardiff food bloggers you should be following right now’
- Wriggle Cardiff – ‘Meet the women shaking up the food scene in Cardiff’
- The Independent – Quoted in this piece about M&S’s over-use of plastic food packaging
Additionally, the blog has been shortlisted for a few awards:
- The Guardian – Picked as their ‘Sustainable Blog of the Week’ 2014
- Wales Online – coverage of the Wales Blog Awards 2014 (Winners)
- Wales Online – coverage of the Wales Blog Awards 2014 (People’s Choice)
- Wales Online – coverage of the Wales Blog Awards 2014 (Finalists)
- Cardiff Life Magazine – coverage of the Wales Blog Awards 2014
In early 2017, the blog was also featured in an advertising campaign for the World Wildlife Fund:
In 2018 the blog was featured in Blogosphere Magazine as one of the editor’s favourite food blogs:
View this post on Instagram
Made it into this month’s @blogosphere_magazine – it’s a big glossy print publication for the “influencer industry” 🙈 They’ve featured a blog I wrote about tackling food waste on their food pages, which is awesome as it means I got a mention for the likes of @penylanpantry @lias_kitchen @olio_ex @toogoodtogo.uk @dusty_knuckle @getwonkyuk @milgicardiff @pettigrewbakes and a few more of my faves. Even though I’m a digital girl at heart I’ve got to admit it’s quite nice seeing a blog post in print format! Thanks for choosing to feature me, @notsobasiclondon! Find the original piece on the blog 💕 #blogosphere #bloggers #foodblogger #wordsinprint #blogospheremagazine #foodwaste #sustainability #toogoodtogo #blogmag #welshbloggers #foodie
I am always happy to comment on the issues of blogging, food & drink trends, and eco-friendly living – feel free to contact me anytime on email@example.com.