It’s not always easy being a veggie! Even if you eat meat but fancy some decent veggie food for a change, you can be sure to find something tasty on the menu at any of the below London restaurants…
- Beatroot – A brightly-coloured cafe in Soho with a simple concept: pay for either a small (£4.70), med (£6.20) or large (£7.20) serving, and load up on any combination of hot and cold veggie food, including pastas, salads, and stir fries.
- Ethos – A beautifully chic self-service restaurant where you pay by the weight of your plate. If you’re not sure what pairs best with what, they have helpfully grouped together dishes that complement each other, but I like to just chuck it all on!
- The Gate – London’s most successful vegetarian restaurant, serving genuinely the best veggie food I have ever eaten. Quite posh, like.
- Govinda’s – Hare Krishna cafe just off Soho Square. Cheap and cheerful vegetable curries can be finished off with a mammoth wedge of vegan carrot cake.
- Le Pain Quotidien (great vegetarian/vegan options) – A fab chain of casual restaurants across London with a menu centred around their artisan breads. A great range of vegan, vegetarian and meat options.
- Tibits – Modern, vegetarian restaurant in a lovely cul-de-sac off Regent Street where you can load up on the world-cuisine inspired menu and pay by the weight of your plate.
- 222 Veggie Vegan – Offering a lovely a la carte menu in the evenings with a good wine list, this is a West Kensington gem. The lunch buffet offers incredible value – for just £7.50, help yourself to an all-you-can-eat selection of raw salads and hot dishes, all freshly prepared.